See Positions & Apply!
Therapist – Rehabilitation Specialist
The Therapist/Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for a range of tasks associated with providing therapy and the coordination of rehabilitation services.
As a primary therapist on a multidisciplinary team, in a community mental health clinic, the Therapist is responsible for providing individual, group and family therapy, as well as case management and dual diagnosis for services to adults, adolescents, and children. The maximum caseload size is up to 40 clients, with a minimum requirement of 35 billing hours per week.
Additionally, the Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for providing 20 hours on-site and coordinating psychiatric rehabilitation services and Rehabilitation Treatment Plans to individuals with pervasive mental illnesses, which assist them in obtaining and succeeding in community integration and achieving established rehabilitation goals.
- Responsible for the documentation and maintenance of client’s clinical records
- Responsible for initiating the Individual Rehabilitation Plan (IRP) and Individual Treatment Plans (ITP)
- Works in collaboration with the program director and the direct service staff to review IRPs
- Conducts Individual Rehabilitation Plan (IRP) at minimum, every three (3) months for children, and every six (6) months for adults
- Works in collaboration with the program director and the Administration’s ASO to prepare discharge plans
- Ensures that the program provides rehabilitation activities directed toward development or restoration of skills, including self-care and social skills
- Ensures that all services are age-appropriate, including group and self-directed leisure activities, both on-site and off-site
- Facilitates Multidisciplinary Treatment Team meetings
- Provides assessment, counseling, community support, crisis/emergency, and social work treatment interventions in relation to psychiatric diagnosis
- Provides referrals to other public and private community agencies upon discharge of client for mental health supports
- Available for twenty-four (24) hour on-call responsibility and flexibility to be present during crisis situations
- All other duties assigned
An active LGSW, LCSW-C, LGPC OR LCPC in good standing in the state of Maryland.
A mental health professional or a creative arts therapist who has a master’s degree and who is registered or certified by the American Art Therapy Association, American Dance Therapy Association, National Association of Music Therapy, or American Association of Music Therapy; or
A Rehabilitation counselor who has a master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, psychiatric rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation, or who is currently certified by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification; or
A therapeutic recreations specialist who has a master’s degree in therapeutic recreation or who is registered as a therapeutic recreation specialist by the National Therapeutic Recreation Society; or
A Bachelors prepared Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner currently certified by the International Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (IASPRS).
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the delivery of mental health and dual diagnosis services to the specified population is required.
- Based on enrollment, the rehabilitation specialist is assigned to work 20-40 hours per week.
- Able to assess strengths and level of functioning of children and families and determine necessary service needs and treatment strategies using sound, objective decision making.
- Strong working knowledge of Value Options Provider Connect systems preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in a treatment team.
- An understanding of all MS Office applications, especially Excel. Must be able to edit, improve and manipulate content/presentation in all products.
- Ability to work extended hours/weekends including various shits based on business needs.