Life Skills Coaching
Life Skills Coaching Program teaches people fundamental skills that are necessary in obtaining and maintaining employment. The skills also help people in their everyday interactions in their community.
Every person’s program is customized to meet their needs, and include: Social skills:
- How to maintain proper eye contact
- How to get involved in the community
- Coping with your disability
- Developing a plan to prevent or cope with crisis
- Focusing on strengths and minimizing limitations
- Appropriate grooming and hygiene
- Addressing a supervisor
- Coping with a disability on the job
- Getting along with others
- Conducting proper work place conversation
- Making requests
- Addressing a problem on the job
- Properly resigning from a job
Many people can benefit from these skills training sessions, including those with mental illness, severe physical disabilities, learning disabilities, traumatic brain injury, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), deafness and autism spectrum disorders.
With this training, people feel more confident in employment and work environments. They begin to relax, and to interact normally with others. They get insights into handling their disability in various situations, so they don’t feel awkward. Skills training programs are invaluable in helping many people overcome shyness – so they can build better lives.